Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Old Chilton House


 My name is John Randall York. I'm a an artist and illustrator.  If you get to know me you'll see how much I love "Haunted Houses", ghost stories and old fairytale illustrations from the 1950s and 1960s especially.

 In September I stretched a pretty big canvas (5 x 8 feet) and began painting a "Haunted Dream Home". That's a picture of it on the left, "The Old Chilton House".



I didn't have a plan in mind besides the thought of a creepy haunted mansion so for a couple of monthes I built my haunted house in oil!  It was a real treat and I truly missed hanging out at the Old Chilton House when I finished.  I am planning to make one a little larger now, either 5 1/2 x 10 or 12 feet horizontal or perhaps a 5 by 9 (or 10) ft vertical!



No comments: